First off fantastic job by the debut of commentating team Dan Hardy and John Gooden. I can’t stand Jon Anik. And Rogan and Goldberg get on my nerves sometimes. This was the first time in a long time, I went through the entire broadcast with minimal irritation. Hope they can call more cards in the future.
- Alex Gustafsson should have been given a rematch against Jones right away.. knocking out an undefeated venomous striker like Jimi Manuwa is still impressive, but Gustafsson had to do this just to keep his value even
- He seems to get hit most frequently by overhand rights, something he didn’t have to deal with against Jones
- I’m still picking Jones for the rematch, but I liked the straight forward call out, that can be memorable for some people… not just this generic fighter, despite it not being over the top. It worked (definitely amped up after that knockout helped Gustafsson. Don’t think he’s every been this vocal)
- Note to UFC: Guillard does this shit vs. knockout punchers. He did this against Stephens, but managed to do even less against Michael Johnson
- Johnson is up there for most improved UFC fighter. I don’t know about “best fighter in the division”, but I’d love to see him try. Cerrone, Diaz and even KJ Noons would be good tests
- That was not a great performance by Pickett. He got the takedowns, but was outboxed by the quicker, tighter punches of Seery.
- He beat Demetrious Johnson in 2010, but a huge difference has been the development of Johnson, while Pickett is pretty much the same wrestle-brawler.
- Gunnar Nelson… The way he was able to remount and keep mount despite Ahkmedov’s repeated attempts to recover halfguard was superb… and he didn’t even have to think. that guillotine was all instinct… honestly anyone in the top 15 is an extremely interesting and winnable fight for Gunnar. I’m on the hype train.
- Good on Latifi getting the sub, but it really made me feel shitty for Diabate, losing like that in his retirement fight.
- I thought Barnatt/Nilsson deserved fight of the night. Was impressed how many times Nilsson hit Barnatt… but Barnatt is showing some excellent fight finishing.
- After watching Barnatt and Diabate, I would have liked to see them fight (two 6 ft 6 strikers, hell yes). I’m pretty sure Barnatt cuts weight and Diabate doesn’t.
- Brad Scott is technically sound everywhere, but he just isn’t athletic enough to contend at the highest levels…
- Claudio Silva did hit a nice takedown, that kind of looked like a “scoop throw” that they do in Judo
- Gaudinot is very good. Fans haven’t been able to see that recently with his injuries, but he should be getting ranked opponents from now on. Loved the way he knew that choke was sunk in… and loved that the crowd was cheering for him after unlike certain countries *cough* BRAZIL *couch* SERIOUSLY BRAZIL do you even like MMA?